In This Issue
- The team from Oasis Network explains how their privacy-enabled and scalable layer-1 blockchain stands out from the crowd.
- Matt has a report for you on Elrond, the solution to blockchain scalability.
Premium members also get the following:
- My latest portfolio updates
- Rekt Capital has the latest technical analysis for you on the market.
- Rebecca has all of the latest news for you.
- Upcoming NFT drops
- Defi Dad has a tutorial for you on how to earn up to 82% APY with stablecoins on Spool
- Jesse has a ton of hot new airdrops for you.
- Hot new token sales.
- Rebecca breaks down this week’s trending coins.
- Jesse has a deep dive for you on Mina Protocol
And much more!
Oasis Network Inverview
For anyone not familiar, what is Oasis?
Oasis Network is a privacy-enabled and scalable layer-1 blockchain.
It combines high throughput and low gas fees with secure architecture to provide the next-generation foundation for Web3.
Thanks to the support of top industry backers, Oasis recently announced a $200 million Ecosystem Fund to support projects to build on the network and has secured several Fortune 500 partnerships, including the CryptoSafe Alliance with Binance and the BMW Group among others.
Oasis is also one of the top two invested blockchains by leading VCs and has one of the fastest-growing developer networks in the industry, according to Messari.
We foster a passionate global community of innovative developers dedicated to building a better future where blockchain is more accessible, easily understandable, and usable by everyone; while at the same time being secure and private.
Our vision is to propel Web3 forward, scaling it and evolving it from infancy to mass-market adoption.
Can you ELI5 us what is the ParaTime layer?
I’ll give it a try! This is one of my favorite exercises.
To begin with, Oasis Network has two main architectural components, the Consensus Layer and the ParaTime Layer.
- The Consensus Layer is a scalable, high-throughput, secure, proof-of-stake consensus run by a decentralized set of validator nodes.
- The ParaTime Layer hosts many parallel runtimes (ParaTimes), each representing a replicated compute environment with shared state.
Separation of consensus and execution allows multiple ParaTimes to process transactions in parallel, meaning complex workloads processed on one ParaTime won’t slow down faster, simpler transactions on another.
The ParaTime Layer is entirely decentralized, allowing anyone to develop and build their own ParaTime.
Each ParaTime can be developed in isolation to meet the needs of a specific application, such as confidential compute, open or closed committees, and more.
On top of that, Oasis Network is the only layer-1 blockchain with native support for Rollups at the Consensus Layer.
There are 3 ParaTimes built by the Oasis core team already on the network.
- Emerald ParaTime, a new Smart Contract environment offering full EVM compatibility and 99% lower gas fees
- Cipher ParaTime, the confidential Smart Contract ParaTime that allows privacy-preserving smart contracts.
- Parcel ParaTime, the confidential data storage, governance, and compute ParaTime. Parcel enables governance, confidential computation, and private analysis of data.
What are your privacy features?
Our privacy features are what makes Oasis Network stand out. Data in a blockchain is transparent and open to everybody.
Ethereum and other fully public blockchains are beneficial when you want the information to be publicly available. But this is less compelling when you think about more sensitive information like your genomic data, health records, or credit data.
Privacy is critical for DeFi to capture more of the traditional finance market. Investors might not be open to having their wallet activities or a complete trade record shown to the public.
The Oasis Network is a privacy-first layer-1 blockchain with built-in features designed to support confidential Smart Contracts. Since data is never leaked to the node operator or application developer, sensitive information (social security numbers, health records) can be safely used by blockchain apps on the Oasis Network.
Cipher’s confidential Smart Contracts and confidential compute to the blockchain will enable:
- Private and under-collateralized lending
- Private DEXes with no MEV
- Private stablecoins that protect the identity, balance, and transactions of their users
- Private payments that preserve the privacy of the sender, receiver, and the transaction amount
Also, we recently announced confidential NFTs.
A confidential NFT allows certain sensitive information or access to services to only be accessible by the owner of the underlying NFT.
A regular NFT is mostly about ownership, where a confidential NFT goes beyond ownership and can further contain sensitive information or allow access to products/services that can only be accessed by the respective owner.
This will essentially bridge Web 2.0 with Web 3.0, where real world use cases like digital rights management, data privacy and access control can be entertained.
What is the function of the ROSE token?
ROSE is the native, capped supply utility token for the Oasis Network. It is used for transaction fees, staking and delegating at the Consensus Layer and gas fees at the compute layer .
- Supply: The total supply of ROSE tokens is capped at 10 billion. The current circulating supply is around 3.5 billion.
- Token utility: The ROSE token is used for staking, and delegation at the Consensus Layer as well as transaction fees at the Consensus and the ParaTime Layers.
Check out our official OASIS wallets here
Who are your biggest partners, and what do they add to your ecosystem?
Those partners are directly utilizing the power of Parcel, better privacy and control for their customers’ sensitive data.
Our Ecosystem not only has grown, but it now has applications in various industries such as Healthcare, Finance, Genomics, Cybersecurity, and more.
Now more than ever, it is critical to enable privacy, and our vision is to break data silos and empower individuals to own and control how their data is used.
What are some of the biggest protocols right now on Oasis?
Oasis Network is ideal for DeFi applications due to its instant finality, 99% lower gas fees versus Ethereum, high throughput, privacy protection, and defense against MEV.
DeFi on Oasis is moving forward at lightning speed. In fact, in record time, in less than 12 hours TVL exceeded $100 million!
Currently, we have many DeFi projects and protocols built on our network.
The Oasis community now has access to instant, low-cost cross-chain value transfers to and from other bridge-supported blockchains and Layer-2 networks, thanks to our partnerships with cBridge and Wormhole.
Learn how to get started with DEFI on Oasis here. Some examples:
- YuzuSwap, being the first community-built Decentralized Exchange (DEX) on the Oasis Network, with steady growth, has great features such as trade once mine forever and an auto-buyback price support system. Oasis Network surpassed $100 million in TVL within 12 hours of YuzuSwap’s launch.
- Fountain Protocol is the first community-built Oasis native lending platform. The protocol enables users to experience high capital efficiency and one-stop management of DeFi assets.
- The GemKeeper DEX supports standard AMM features that will allow users to swap tokens, enter liquidity pools, and create new liquidity pools in a 100% permissionless manner.
In the future, we’re looking to bring more of DeFi 2.0 and Play-to-Earn DApps to our ecosystem.
This year, we’ll roll out many more initiatives to builders and entrepreneurs to grow our ecosystem.
You recently announced a massive 200 million dollar ecosystem fund, backed by Binance Labs and others. What will this be used for?
Right, the objective of this fund is to help support projects and developers who want to build natively on Oasis.
To power this next wave of dApps, the fund has been backed by renowned investors such as Dragonfly Capital, Pantera, and Binance Labs.
Focusing on supporting the backbone dApps in DEFI, NFTs, Metaverse, and data tokenization dApps – the fund and technology we provide attract some of the major blockchain builders.
Additionally to this ecosystem fund we’ve launched several initiatives, such as Grant programs, two accelerators, and a $200K hackathon.
What comes next for Oasis?
So much, but I can only share a few!! This year we’re primarily focusing on growing our ecosystem with DeFi, NFT, and crypto gaming.
We are currently supporting artists and builders developing some amazing NFT & GameFI collections on Oasis.
Secondly, we are looking to grow our developer community.
Our Ecosystem Fund and many developer-focused activities will support the onboarding of Web 3 developers along with Web 2 developers looking to make the leap.
So during the year, you’ll see many exciting events and hackathons, funding programs, and more incentives following the recent announcements of the $200 million Ecosystem Fund and Grants Program, that will target developers and help amplify our voice.
Finally, after spending much time behind walls, we can now go out – meaning we’ll organize and participate in many in-person events around the globe.
We want to meet our community, as supporting our amazing community remains our highest priority..
Thank you word from the Oasis Network team!
Thank you very much for welcoming me and allowing us to speak to your community.
Our 360+ ambassadors and 160K community members are looking forward to meeting you all. Let’s build and grow together!
Learn more & join our community:
All About Elrond by Matt
What is Elrond?
Elrond is a highly scalable, fast and secure public blockchain built for internet scale. The network is intended to compete with leading blockchains such as Ethereum, by establishing a smart contract platform which is fast, cheap and efficient. Transactions cost as little as $.0001 and the network is capable of processing up to 15,000 transactions per second.
The Elrond Virtual Machine (EVM) is a dedicated smart contract execution engine built on Web Assembly (WASM). It expands the family of languages available to smart contract developers to include Rust, C/C++, and C#. Developers can write smart contracts and develop applications on the Elrond network in whichever language they’re familiar with.
Elrond has implemented two crucial features to achieve its aims:
1. Adaptive State Sharding
Elrond’s approach to increased throughput is called ‘Adaptive State Sharding’. For those readers unfamiliar with sharding technology, detailed information can be found here.
In a nutshell, sharding is a type of database portioning that separates large databases into smaller, faster, more manageable parts known as shards. Sharding helps blockchains become more scalable, reduces latency (slowness of network) and improves capability to handle increasing transaction volume.
Elrond’s optimal approach involves the combination of all three key sharding types; State, Transactions and Network, into a solution that improves communication inside the shards and dramatically increases performance through parallel processing.
2. Secure Proof of Stake (SPoS) Governance System
Elrond has a novel approach to consensus called ‘Secure Proof of Stake’ which eliminates PoW (Proof of Work) computational waste, and combines eligibility through stake and rating with random validator selection, and an optimal dimension for the consensus group.
The BFT-like consensus protocol maintains a high security level through random sampling of the consensus group, and random reshuffling of nodes into other shards. The consensus uses an unbiasable randomness source generated by the block proposer via signing the previous random source.
Via SPoS, Elrond is validated rather than mined.
- Validators process and record transactions. They work together to simultaneously process transactions and add new blocks to the Elrond blockchain.
- Fishermen verify new blocks after they are added to the Elrond blockchain by validators. Fishermen are tasked with finding any invalid blocks or malicious actors on the network.
- Observers passively maintain and store the history of the Elrond blockchain.
Validators, fishermen, and observers operate on the Elrond blockchain simultaneously. This concurrent participation is what makes the Elrond blockchain highly scalable.
The $EGLD Token
The native cryptocurrency of the Elrond ecosystem is $EGLD. The token has the following utility.
- Acts as a governance token. Holders can vote on proposals.
- Can be used for staking to earn rewards.
- Can be used to pay for fees on the network.
Circulating Supply: 23,016,298
Total Supply: 31,415,926
Elrond Standard Digital Token (ESDT)
The Elrond network natively supports the issuance of custom tokens, without the need for contracts such as ERC-20, but addressing the same use cases. Due to native in-protocol support, transactions do not require the Elrond Virtual Machine (VM) at all. In effect, this means that custom tokens are as fast and as scalable as the native $EGLD token itself.
Users also do not need to worry about sharding when transacting custom tokens, because the protocol employs the same handling mechanisms for ESDT transactions across shards as the mechanisms used for the EGLD token. Sharding is therefore automatically handled and invisible to the user.
Maiar Exchange (MEX)
The Maiar Exchange is a DEX (Decentralised Exchange) with AMM (Automated Market Maker) functions, deployed on the Elrond network. It is the engine for DeFi (Decentralised Finance) products such as swaps, liquidity pools and yields farms. The Mair Exchange has a TVL (Total Value Locked) of $1.12 billion.
The Elrond ecosystem has over 200 partners. With the launch of the Maiar platform, the ESDT version of their tokens can be deployed in liquidity pools and expand access for their communities.
The platform has its own native token called $MEX which has the following utility.
- Acts as a governance token for the platform.
- Can be used as a staking and farming token.
Elrond has stood the test of time and has a strong community of holders however they will need to aggressively build out their roadmap to achieve meaningful adoption of their network. They have already developed a large selection of partners and leveraging these relationships will be a crucial aspect of their ongoing network development.
Thank you so much for your support, and I truly hope that today’s issue will give you insights needed to help you master your wealth.
If you are reading this it means you are on the free version of the Wealth Mastery Investor Report, which is great for news and tips on the crypto markets.
If you really want to take advantage of fastest growing asset class EVER, I highly recommend you join us in the Premium Investor Report.
You’ll immediately get access to:
- Deep dive Altcoin report & The Trending Coin Report
- Technical Analysis on the crypto large caps and overall market
- Token sales, Airdrops and DeFi Tutorials
- Updates on the NFT Ecosystem and new mints
- My Investment Portfolio Updates
See you next time!
Lark and the Wealth Mastery Team
TCL Publishing ltd (director Lark Davis, owner of Wealth Mastery) is not providing you individually tailored investment advice. Nor is TCL Publishing registered to provide investment advice, is not a financial adviser, and is not a broker-dealer. The material provided is for educational purposes only. TCL Publishing is not responsible for any gains or losses that result from your cryptocurrency investments. Investing in cryptocurrency involves a high degree of risk and should be considered only by persons who can afford to sustain a loss of their entire investment. Investors should consult their financial adviser before investing in cryptocurrency.